If you are anything like me, you hate hair on your body. You might also hate shaving. If you haven’t found a really good home waxing system yet (if you need one) I am writing about Nads wax strips. I just started using Nad’s wax strips after coming to South Korea from South Africa. At home, I usually use Mandy’s microwavable pink wax, which to be honest is really messy, but it gets the job done. Also, I love keeping my skin soft and smooth so that it makes waxing a lot easier. I have been using Argan oil mixed with aloe gel to keep my skin and hair soft and smooth. You can read more about how I am managing to do that on this blog post.
NADS WAX STRIPS
What is it?
There are many products in the Nads wax strips range. The one that I am reviewing is Nads Bikini and Underarm wax strips for sensitive skin.
What’s in the box?
There are quite a few wax strips in the box and it can last up to three or four waxes for your underarm. Depending on how you wax and how much hair you have (naturally) There are also other products and I think it is a large quantity of the ingredients in the box. I really liked that fact about this product. In the box you will find:
- 5 Double-sided Bikini nads wax strips. (10 singular strips)
- 7 Double-sided Underarm wax strips (14 singular strips)
- 15 g of Nads moisture +soothing balm (for after hair removal) it contains cocoa and shea butter to “help soothe, calm and rejuvenate the skin.”
- 4 Nads post wax calming oil wipes. (after hair removal to remove wax residue)
What does it promise?
So, according to the box Nads wax strips are:
- Dermatologically tested
- ”Ready to use, just rub, peel and go.”
- Removes short hair
- “Flexible strips, conforms to your body’s curves.”
- Is also ”easy to use, removes hair from the roots so your skin will stay smoother for longer.”
How to use?
The box instructions are quite easy to follow. Since the wax strips are double-sided, you follow their three-step program when it comes to removing the hair. That is:
- Rub- Rub the wax strip (one double-sided) together with your hands. This is probably to heat the wax up a little and also to help pull both sides apart with ease.
- Peel- This involves peeling the wax strips apart so that they are now single sided and placing them on the area that you would like to wax in the direction of the hair growth.
- Go- This means leaving the wax strip for a while. Making sure the wax sticks to the hair by rubbing a little and then pulling in the direction of the hair growth. However, the box advises that you can pull in both directions.
The pain threshold
I waxed both my underarms as well as my bikini line and it was relatively painless. In comparison to other waxing systems that I have tried, it was a lot less pain. (I have tried both at home and salon waxing) Even with the hair being longer than usual at times it removed it with minimal pain.
The mess threshold
There is very little mess with this system. You are not heating any wax up and everything remains on the wax strip. As compared to wax that is heated in the microwave or even the pots that come with the heating system this is really easy and no mess.
You can find Nads wax strips on Amazon. The price is around $7.12. I think it is inexpensive. In Korea getting an underarm wax in my area is around w 30 000. If you live in South Africa it is also reasonably priced, even with conversion rates. The product can last for up to 4 or 5 waxes depending on how you use it. The product is also available at Olive Young in South Korea.
- I find that the no mess solution as well as the quick one-step easy removal of all my hair makes this product really effective and convenient.
- It removed 98 percent of my hair on the first time lifting the wax strip.
- It is not painful at all.
- Convenient for travelling as it is easy to carry around and light.
- It comes with many after wax oils and creams to soothe your skin.
- It delivers on its promises.
I have nothing bad to say about this product at the moment. I find it a cost-effective solution and especially if you need to get waxed on the go. Effective, cheap and easy.
This product gets a five-star rating. I love it and will probably continue to use it, especially whilst traveling.
What products do you use for hair removal? How effective are they? Let me know!
That’s it for this week,